Monday, March 28, 2011

Should I quit my current job and go freelance



Should I quit my current job and go freelance?
I'm currently working as an employee in a software company earning at least 3 USD per hour. Been working in the company for 5 years. I'm planning to save up 20 thousand USD so that I could survive for 10 months without a job. I'm planning to go freelance cause I think I can earn more than my current job if I go freelance. I'm no longer happy with my lifestyle in the company because I no longer have any time for myself and its always overtime. Should I go find a home based online job as a freelance or is it a bad idea? PS: I also already took a personal health insurance in preparation.
Food Service - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
In this economy I would not personally , but if you know you can make it happen go for it, or just hold off until you get another job offer that's better than you can move on ,It's just hard for me to suggest somebody leave their job when there are millions out of work struggling to feed there family's and pay there bills on time if you know what I mean. And be thankful you are working even if it's a lot of over time I can think of over 50 highly educated unemployed college grads who would take your job in a hart beat and for less pay with all of the added over time with no hesitations.
2 :
If you have the savings to make you live decently for the next 6 months, then, you may go ahead and jump into the freelancing bandwagon. Freelancing is the new full-time and a lot of businesses are outsourcing work, instead of hiring in-house staff. It costs them less to do so, and you'll get to have more flexible time for work and play at your end. You can try plenty of legit freelancing sites out there that are free for you to join. There is demand in the IT outsourced sector and you may just earn more than 3 USD an hour. It is never easy though. Freelancing is not for those who dream of quick-rich scheme. It takes patience and hard work. It's all about building your reputation online that counts



 Read more discussions :