Monday, August 4, 2008

I am being laid off and I plan on collecting unemployment. Until I find a new job can I freelance


I am being laid off and I plan on collecting unemployment. Until I find a new job can I freelance?

I live in Indiana and I am being laid off from a full time position so I will be eligible for unemployment. Until I find a new full-time job, can I look for freelance work? I understand I have to report all work/wages I would earn from freelancing (and it would most likely be deducted from my unemployment benefits) but is it okay to freelance since in essence I would be self employed?
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
as long as you report all income yes you can
2 :
Yes, and it sounds like you already know the deal. When your unemployment claim is processed, you will receive some kind of handbook that will contain the details for your state


 Read more discussions :
.