Friday, August 1, 2008

How do I include freelance work on a job application


How do I include freelance work on a job application?
I've been doing freelance work for a local newspaper for the past six months, but I'm not sure if that counts as me being "currently employed" for the sake of job applications. Should I say "yes," and if so, should I put myself as the employer? What should I put for salary info, hours worked, etc. I'm so confused! Help!
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
that is employment. you get paid dont you?you put what you charge for the job.yes if its freelance they know your the employer.
2 :
you are self-employed, it counts and should be used presuming you have a good relationship currently. list the hours you do work, don't focus on the salary, let the recruiting process establish that. best of luck!
3 :
Liza, Yes your are currently employed. No, you say self employed. For salary give an average figures/project, for hours work, you may leave it blank. Good luck to you Alecs


 Read more discussions :