Thursday, August 28, 2008

What should I charge my friend / ex co-worker to do a freelance job for them



What should I charge my friend / ex co-worker to do a freelance job for them?
I'm a video editor, so a day rate is usually $150... but it's really a simple task of creating and burning video & mp3 files to DVDs. Should I charge him my day rate anyway? I'm strapped for cash as it is.
Etiquette - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You could tell your friend that you can give him a 5% or 10% discount if you feel that is good for your business. Tell him that you will appreciate if he can refer any customers and you would then be able to give him a bigger discount. We live in a capitalist system and this is how you earn your money. Good luck!


 Read more discussions :