Wednesday, August 1, 2012

what kind of jobs are available for a freelance artist?


what kind of jobs are available for a freelance artist?
i want to be an artist. but i suck at graphic design. i rock with portraits of people, but there isn't much in the way of jobs for that. it isn't the only art style i like, i also like other varieties. any job suggestions?
Drawing & Illustration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Typically, any artist must use their talent to do something they dislike to put bread on the table. For you, that would be to get a street license, and head to a touristy town. Do short, 10 min sketches of people, and charge them. Put ads everywhere with whatever you do. Apply for your speciality and have work samples ready during interviews.
2 :
I'm a freelance artist because I can't work at the moment and, you know, I love to draw. Might as well get an income off of doing what I love. Anyway, I mainly do anime/manga type stuff (not classic big-eyed, pointy-nosed however; I prefer a realistic style), but I also do portraits from photographs. I've joined several art sites including: http://www.deviantart.com http://www.sheezyart.com http://www.conceptart.org I go to their forums because they have things like "jobs-people looking to hire artists" and "jobs-people looking for work". I post up my examples in the 'job services' forum of DeviantART, and constantly check the 'job offers' forum for people who are looking for a piece of art that I can draw for them. Sometimes, people find me without me looking for them, which is awesome. The main key is to get yourself exposure, so join as many art sites as possible and upload your pictures. Make sure to comment on others' artworks because that alerts them to your existence. Good luck




 Read more discussions :