Saturday, September 8, 2012

Should you put freelance computer repair work on your resume


Should you put freelance computer repair work on your resume?
If I havent had a 'real' job for over a year, but have occasionally done some freelance PC repairs to make money on the side, should I list on my resume that I have been doing freelance work for the past year?
Technology - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Absolutely, it shows that you have ambition, initiative and drive and the ability to follow through on a job independently. As a recruiter I would put that resume on the top of the pile.
2 :
Yes, you should put this. I would not term it "freelance", though. I would put it down as "consulting". Hiring companies don't like to see gaps in your employment history. But you will have to have a good reason why you did consulting over this time. Good luck



 Read more discussions :