Sunday, August 12, 2012

How can I find freelance marketing/PR work


How can I find freelance marketing/PR work?

I currently work in marketing/PR and am planning on quitting my full-time job in a few months to go back to school and earn a second bachelor's in civil engineering (and thus change careers). While I'm in school, I'll need to earn some money, and I figure a good option for me would be doing freelance marketing/PR projects - flexible hours and hopefully better pay per hour than waiting tables. For those of you that currently do freelance marketing/PR, do you have any tips for finding work? I've browsed craigslist, but that isn't always reliable (I don't want those work-for-free-but-build-your-portfolio jobs). I'm in the Chicago area if it makes a difference. Also, if I create an online portfolio of my work, does anyone know if I can I feature work I've done for my current employer (now or after I leave)? I don't want to get in any copyright trouble. I'm not sure how to approach my boss with that question just yet.
Marketing & Sales - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You may want to check out www.guru.com and www.elance.com to see if there are any projects out there.
2 :
well dear check this site :https://www.scriptlance.com it is a freelancing site,you can get alot of work from it :) good luck
3 :
elance.com or guru.com also, you can use google adwords or yahoo's pay-per-click tools you can advertise your business like you choose Chicago area as target zone and trigger key words like 'marketing consultant'; 'marketing services'. For the portfolio, you have to check your contract! the part where it refers to intellectual property. Usually (unless they have crappy lawyer), it is written that all Int.property created during your employment belongs to the company. You have to be a little bit smarter to represent your work as example prototypes of things that you can do rather than things that you have actually done - this is if you post it on line - you can bring portfolio in a folder for your interviews and to show your interviewer as long as you do not give it to them and you do not reveal company secrets (which is tricky but with a little bit creativity could be done) Good Luck R


 Read more discussions :