Saturday, February 4, 2012

How do I freelance until full time teaching job comes up?


How do I freelance until full time teaching job comes up?

I have just graduated from college and have my teaching degree in art education. I've registered with 7 school districts to substitute teach for ANY subject. I'm not called that often, and I still have full-time bills! I can't be locked down to another full time job, because I need to be available to substitute teach. It is a Catch-22! The best way to get a full time teaching job is through substituting at the schools. My question is, that I have oodles of time "waiting" to get a substitute job here and there. Does anyone know of any good freelancing that you can basically have some leeway in scheduling? I would do nearly anything (pick-up orders, type papers, courthouse recording, etc.) I just need flexibility in case a school does call! Thanks for any help with ideas or suggestions!
Small Business - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Need cash? You can make money online at http://tiny.cc/0nlinem0ney - Min age 13 - No credit card required - Free forever - 100% real Copy and paste: http://tiny.cc/0nlinem0ney
2 :
You can start teaching your own classes, and maybe even partner up with local art studios to help promote it. When I started photography, I contacted pet stores and said that if they let me photograph customers in their store then I would split the proceeds. They would put up flyers and make a big deal over those photo days - ended up being very lucrative. So you can offer classes on the weekend or evenings (which will not conflict if you get a substituting job during the day) and charge people either per session or for a 6 week course. Create the schedule of what you will be doing and promote it in the local art stores. You can see if there is a studio or art store that has room for small classes and see if you can do some sort of profit sharing - and remember, you are getting their customers back through their doors for each session, so don't need to be too generous ;) You can also advertise private art sessions (not sure what your specialty is) on craigslist, you can probably find some students there that want to advance their skills. My boyfriend started teaching French a while ago and found a full schedule's worth of students on there - which provided him with the ability to teach full-time.
3 :
Hi Ada, I must commend you for the zeal and curiosity. Actually it takes much guts for one to decide on what to do that will really bring success to him or her. Now that you have made your mind, you are in the right corner because what you have chosen will earn you good money if you can write well. Having decided to be a freelance writer, you have made a good choice. Freelance writers are in demand all over the internet and its growing on a daily basis. More and more people are starting online businesses, which is good news/market for you as a freelance writer. Since this is your dream, you really should pursue it while you wait for the teaching job to call you. With the high demand for this talent, you can write your own paycheck! However, you are expected to do some of this as a freelancer, viz; Write content for webmasters and business owners who need new information, write for bloggers to posts for blogs, write articles for traffic generation and page ranking. These are just a few of the tasks you may want to undertake when you become a freelance writer. With all these you can start and as you progress, you can get more business and other options as a freelance writer. Solution
4 :
A freelance writer will have to write on several project and in different branches of freelancing. in my suggestion first trained yourself well because in every area of jobs is very completion today look my article it will explain you step by step answer of your question



 Read more discussions :