Thursday, February 16, 2012

how do i become an illustrator? freelance


how do i become an illustrator? freelance?
i have been an artist all my life and i believe the only thing i could really do to be truly happy is make art. i am trying to get little freelance jobs if i can find any. i have started posting an ad on my local classifieds. it states that i am a graduate of sheridan college , 2006. and that i focus mainly on traditional forms of art and if anyone is in need of an illustrator they can email me fore examples of my work. anyone have any tips for me on how to get noticed and start working for people?
Drawing & Illustration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A good bet for freelancing is looking on line. Depending on where you are, freelance illustration jobs are hard to come by. You might check your local paper's advertising department to see if they have ad clients who might need an illustrator. If you notice the ad for a local business that could be punched up with your illustrations, you could contact the business directly. Another source of work could be public relations and advertising companies. Your local library may have an area where they display the work of local artists. If your work is on display with contact information you could get some work that way. I assume you have a business card and brochure ready to hand out to people you might meet who ask what you do for a living. There is a website for freelancers. You might check it out as well.
2 :
You need a portfolio. It's always best to have one printed that you can take with you for interviews or future clients. But seeing as everyone is on the internet super high way, having a online portfolio is great as well. When I started i did free work for coffee shops and such to get my work out there. I also did paintings and flyer's for local pubs. People would ask "who did that" and these people would have my card. The card would have my website as well as my email. That really helped me. It's great to do what you love. I think there are not enough people in this world who do that. Go for it. It won't be easy, but the reward is worth it



 Read more discussions :