Saturday, January 8, 2011

how do I fill out a job application if I've been a freelancer


how do I fill out a job application if I've been a freelancer?
I just went on an interview for a job, and have been sent a standard application form. I've been a freelancer, doing work here and there, over a long time span. I don't know how to fill out the application because there are long periods where I wasn't working, because of family issues, and during the past 8 years I've done a small number of freelance jobs both answers were really helpful
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Simply write, "Self Employed". Then describe what you've been doing all of these years. They won't mind if you worked for yourself. It actually shows initiative. I got a nice job offer recently, yet I haven't worked in 5 years. They ended up practically begging me to work there. In the end, I decided to remain self employed though. lol. You might decided that too!
2 :
just tell the truth. you don't have to account for every single hour or day or month or year. just say that you have done a variety of freelance work over the last however-many years. in an interview, explain that while you enjoyed the freedom that the freelance lifestyle afforded you, you are currently looking forward to the less volatile nature of a regular 9-5


 Read more discissons :