Sunday, August 4, 2013

Why do most people think that if you graduated from college with a low GPA, you would have a minimum wage job



Why do most people think that if you graduated from college with a low GPA, you would have a minimum wage job?
in the future? I just graduated with a 2.5 GPA and a BS degree in psychology. I am now working as a research assistant at an experimental psychology lab. I got this job because I have connections and three years of volunteer experience. I also do freelance writing and web design in my spare time.
Polls & Surveys - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
jobs are scarce you said it, you have connections. why did you need to go?
2 :
Wow I think you should really stop with this gpa crap and get a life.......
3 :
i graduated HS with a low GPA, and now i work for a Fortune 500 company. not making the big bucks now, but working my way up.
4 :
Your gpa from college doesn't matter after you get your first job in your field after graduation...no one looks at that stuff. It is based on experience and ability.
5 :
Its because a lot of students are disillusioned about the 'real world'. They fail to realise that life after graduation has no limits - even nerds can become managers and the coolest people can struggle to get a job. Life is unpredictable and full of surprises.
6 :
I never heard that before. However, if your speaking strictly on your major which is Psychology, then most psychology undergrad majors do not work in that field because the field usually requires a graduate degree, for instance a psychologist. Some employers do look at GPA if you are just coming out of school with no real world work experience. Google wants your GPA no matter when you graduated or what experience you have.
7 :
Yes! I understand what you are saying.... My father had a friend that worked in pathology....And, I cannot begin to tell you just how tight liped the dead are !!??



 Read more discussions :