Saturday, March 16, 2013

What's the best way to get jobs online as a freelance web designer


What's the best way to get jobs online as a freelance web designer?
Other than word of mouth, contests, or bidding. I've been doing websites for gaming servers for a while now and I want to build my portfolio more with just gaming websites. I know of the contest sites but I'm not very supportive of them. I've tried the bidding sites as well and although it's successful I'd rather prefer being almost guaranteed a customer instead of hoping I get one. Anything helps, thanks!
Technology - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
OK
2 :
set up your own website, include a 'portfolio' page, have a few of your best works displayed in a gallary with links to the sites that are available online. make yourself a logo and company name, just make it look official, then apply for jobs with a link to your website. let the work speak for itself the two answers above me are clearly spam, havent seen this on YA in a while..
3 :
You could start your own Website advertising your services, and advertise the site. Of course, every ad you place for your site won't guarantee a customer. I did freelance Web design, and got most of my work from bidding sites, hardly any customers were from my site, even though I advertised it. This year, business sucked. Buyers had less money to spend, and they were more determined to get free service. Offshore companies won more and more projects because of their dirt-cheap rates. I just decided that it's not worth it. There are too many Web designers, and too many offshore companies.



 Read more discussions :