Monday, February 4, 2013

I do freelance film production work. I need a flexible, skilled side job to supplement my income. Any ideas



I do freelance film production work. I need a flexible, skilled side job to supplement my income. Any ideas?
So some more things you should know about me.I graduated from Syracuse with a B.S. in Communications, I worked in tv/film production for two years freelancing (which is how you have to do it.) The work was irregular and low paying, needless to say I need a side job, that is higher paying, where I can kinda come and go as I please when production work comes up. I know a guy who was a CPA, he does production work like me now, and does accounting like 2 days a week. I know this is kind of a tough one, but can anyone reccommend a skill I can go back to school for (and not invest too much time an money) that will let me work fairly flexibly, so i can supplement my tv/film production income? I was told paralegal and bookkeeping were possible ways to go? Does anyone know if that's true? If not I'd love to hear about some other skilled "trades" that might let me supplement my production income. Thanks!
Other - Careers & Employment - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Catering work - in food prep or service, desk top publishing work - for financial publishing houses or corporations, IT jobs, home nursing jobs (the last too require some formal training). It's tough to balance these things. I have been doing that all my life. Be patient, stay focused and maintain the relationships you are building with people in the film business. When you have found your calling stick too it - building a career takes time, energy and love. Best of luck


 Read more discussions :