Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm 16 and I'm wondering can i get a job as a freelance game tester and if so some help would be appreciated.



I'm 16 and I'm wondering can i get a job as a freelance game tester and if so some help would be appreciated.?
I'm 16 and i don't have my license yet so i can't really drive any where yet and i really want to be a freelance video game tester. Thing is every where i go it points me to pay site that is trying to sell me a guide and i don't want to buy a guide. I would love to work for my favorite gaming companies and get a few bucks testing games that people don't even know the titles to yet ( if you get them that early) so if anyone reading this has any info, contacts, referrals, or anything that can get me started please help make my dream come true. P.S. for direct contact with me please email me at: gamerscott09@aol.com thank you for your help. Guys i don't want online surveys ior things like that i don't trust those im not a fan of giving my personal info to a site i have no clue about. I'm asking for info on game testing jobs and info on those types of jobs would be greatly appreciated.
Technology - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
So, let's see if I understand you correctly... YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO JUSTIFY SPENDING HOURS PERFECTING YOUR VIDEO GAMING TECHNIQUES INSTEAD OF PITCHING IN WITH THE HOUSEHOLD CHORES? Haha! I think this is the site for you. They will pay you to be a video game tester and teach you how to fill out the surveys to get paid. Does that sound right? Visit: http://tinyurl.com/4myz75
2 :
The testing of games is done primarily with two groups of people. First is their regular testing employees. These are people who have previous testing experience, or often have a degree or diploma in computer science or other areas of IT. These are almost exclusively full-time positions (40h ++ a week) The second group of people involved in testing are called Beta Testers. These are regular users much like yourself in the real world who want to try new games before they come out and provide feedback. Beta testers seldom if ever get paid for games testing though. There's so many people willing to do this type of job for free that they don't have to pay people. Typically you get a free copy of the game once the final version is released, and that's your only payment. It can also be difficult to be accepted to be a beta tester, again just because they have so many people wanting to do it. Sorry, but what you're looking for does not exist. You're not qualified enough to be a real tester employed by the games company, and beta testers do not get paid. As a side note, if you're interested software testing, it's a pretty decent field so long as you stay away from games testing. Those poor testers are some of the worst-paid and over worked employees within the software engineering world.


 Read more discussions :