Thursday, June 28, 2012

B/C of benefits and job lock, am I better off leaving America to work freelance



B/C of benefits and job lock, am I better off leaving America to work freelance?
In a job right now I don't like, got a pre-existing condition, but the job offers good benefits. I speak several languages and would like to do freelance translating. Have looked into it and I could actually earn about the same as I do right now in my full-time desk job, but it's the benefits thing. I have looked around, and the policies that would cover my condition and the necessary treatments average $1,300 per month. My wife's Australian, my mother is Irish, so I have American and Irish citizenship and the right to live and work in Australia, am thinking of leaving with my wife for Sydney where I can work doing what I want and not have to worry about where the benefits are coming from. Contrary to what some conservatives may think, I don't intend to lie around and collect welfare, I want to work hard at what I love and be able to build my own schedule, and from what I have seen firsthand, Australia is a free, democractic nation with a high standard of living that has both public and private health care and did not become a gulag state. What do you think? Would you move to the land down under if you could pursue more job freedom and not experience "job lock"? It is not illegal to have dual citizenship in the United States, it is simply not recognized by the US government. Before making such an ignorant statement, go look up facts instead. Millions of Americans possess two passports or more.
Politics - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It is illegal to have "dual" citizenship...
2 :
if you are dumb enough to ask that question then you probably should
3 :
Go. Have fun



 Read more discussions :