Saturday, October 8, 2011

What's the best way for a teenager to get small freelance photography jobs


What's the best way for a teenager to get small freelance photography jobs?
I live in Tennessee and I'm 13. I'm going to just admit, I think I can take some awesome pictures. I have a Samsung Digimax S500, and it's great for landscaping and close-up pro pictures. I'm just wondering how and if it's possible for me to send in or talk to some company about them buying my pictures. Any ideas (Amateur or Professional)?
Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sell your pictures on eBay - that would be a good way to get noticed...
2 :
Mail your pictures - don't send your only copies - to the local newspaper. Address it to editor. It is best if you can find out the editor's name and address it personally, but just editor is fine. Include a SASE so you get your pictures back, and a cover letter explaining what the photo is of and offering them for sale. If there's more than one newspaper, don't send it to all of them at once - you're offering exclusives, and doing that will cause tons of trouble. You may get back a reply that is just your photos, or a note that says they don't need these photos at this time. This means they don't want those photos, so try again with different ones. If you get back a reply that seems rude, don't let it bug you. Unless they say "don't send us anything ever again", keep trying. Just never send the same photo to the same newspaper twice. With enough persistance, you'll get a contract. Your parents will have to sign it for you, since you are under 18, but that won't change anything. I want to stress that it's persistance, luck, and taking the right pictures that gets you success much more than "awesome pictures



 Read more discussions :