Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Full-time job + part-time job + freelancing: tax and NI implications


Full-time job + part-time job + freelancing: tax and NI implications?
Hi, I have a full time job and I also freelance in two different areas. One freelancing gig is with a particular company and the other is on and off at different places. I know I have to pay tax on all three and I have registered as self employed for the on-off freelance work. I've only just landed the other freelancing contract and since it is a different type of job, I was wondering if I need to declare myself self-employed again?
United Kingdom - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No you don't. You have already declared that you are self employed so you will be sent a tax return after 5 April next. If you have 2 different sources of self employed income you just have to complete 2 sets of self employment pages on your tax return. Regarding NIC's.......you pay Class 2 NIC's (self employed stamp) costing £2.20 per week regardless of how many self employed sources of income you have



 Read more discissons :