Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I am a freelance writer, and I am concerned about my current job


I am a freelance writer, and I am concerned about my current job?
About 6 months ago, I wrote an ebook for a lady, now she says she knows someone interested in my writing. (The ebook had my name, a couple of pages about how the business helped me, and a mention of my gift shop.) They want me to shorten the ebook, then give them editing rights, remove my name, and give them branding rights. In exchange for getting their website for free for life (they charge an overpriced $68 a month). They will then use the ebook to get people to join their website at $68 a month, and will increase their own sales of the product at $700 to $9000 profit. I think I should have my name and a mention of my store, both of which need more publicity so I can actually make money. (The store makes $50 a month in a good month, the writing... everyone wants to barter.) They seem to thing that is unreasonable, but they will profit a lot, and I have a temp job currently that barely pays bills.
Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Are you already using their site? If not, forget it, they're ripping you off.
2 :
I don't understand what your original assignment was ("for a lady"?), but at the least you should have your name somewhere on the book, even if not the cover, and there must be a reference to your own web site about your gift shop. You should have access to their site for life as well. They should also pay you $1 as a token amount to recognize that they bought the book. The agreement should say that all rights revert to you, and they must have no further use of your work if they do not live up to ALL the terms of the agreement.
3 :
Don't do it Jaime! They want total control! You deserve to get PAID for your work. They are trying to get the highest possible return, even if it means cheating. They think you don't know any better. Have a lawyer look over their offer. You do have a lawyer, don't you? Somebody has to help look after your well being!
4 :
dood you aer a grate riter! i wish i code rite liek you


 Read more discissons :