Wednesday, April 28, 2010

tax regulations reg. freelance job


tax regulations reg. freelance job?
Hi, I work fully employed in the UK as a translator, and I'd like to do some freelance translations as well. Maybe someone could give me some info on the things I have to consider, like whether I'm allowed to at all and what I have to do before I can start, e.g. regarding tax regulations. Thanks a lot! Jeany

United Kingdom - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You are already employed under PAYE in UK? You want to do some freelance work also? If so, register with H M Revenue & Customs as self emloyed. You can do this via website http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployed/iwtregister-as-self-employed.shtml You should do this within 3 months of starting freelance work or you may have to pay a £100 penalty I cannot see any reason why you cannot do freelance work. Good luck



 Read more discussions :