Thursday, April 8, 2010

I am a makeup artist looking for a job, any sugguestions


I am a makeup artist looking for a job, any sugguestions?
I am a makeup artist with a few small free-lance jobs under my belt. I've done a few weddings and proms, but am having a hard time finding steady work. I applied to Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom but received email replies from both stating that they do not have any positions currently available. Are there any other stores or salons anyone can sugguest, or a better way to get my name out there so I can get more freelance jobs? I am in NJ. Thanks!
Other - Beauty & Style - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
funeral parlor
2 :
Try to post something about your needs/ qualifications in craiglist.com. Keep updating the listing every two weeks, i think. Good luck.
3 :
Sell Mary Kaye for added income. Who knows, you could be one of those girls driving a pink Cadillac. My grandaugher does. Good commission too
4 :
Did you try a Mac counter? Why not just go into business for yourself? You could make up some nice business cards and leave them wedding boutiques, join up with other people who work weddings to promote your business (like photographers, etc) and you can do the same for them. Heck photographers could even recommend you to other clients that need makeup done for things other than weddings. You just need to get your name out there. Clientele will follow


 Read more discussions :