Saturday, April 24, 2010

How do I list internships and freelance jobs on a resume


How do I list internships and freelance jobs on a resume?
My work history is kind of scattered,and I am not sure how to put it on a resume. I've been working as a freelance photographer for 3 years, had 3 internships prior to that, and was a photo editor before I began interning. Should I list the internships separately, or should I put everything under "experience" and list the positions as "intern"? Thank you!
Other - Careers & Employment - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I suggest you start by prioritizing your skills and experience - taking into account what will matter most to the employer you're targeting. Put your most compelling attributes in a 'skills summary' section at the top of your resume. Then decide whether you will present yourself best by placing your experience in categories or in a job-by-job list. It doesn't sound as if your experience is all that diverse - it all seems to relate to the photographic field! So you could present your experience in a reverse chronological manner. But even if you choose the so-called 'functional resume' approach, you can still list your work history underneath the categories of skills. Many employers feel more comfortable being able to see your work history at a glance - even if you choose to give higher prominence to the skills. Check out the site below for more ideas and examples. Good luck



 Read more discussions :