Friday, November 20, 2009

How much does the typical freelance TV reporter in NYC make per segment



How much does the typical freelance TV reporter in NYC make per segment?
I'm trying to figure out how much I should ask for since I'm starting a new freelance job. I have about a year and a half of solid broadcasting experience and a BA.
Media & Journalism - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Truth is, whatever you can negotiate. There are no set fees, but tv execs love to lowball young freelancers to see how much they can get away with. My advice: If you think you are good and have the credentials to back yourself up, bargain hard for what you think you're worth. Otherwise, take what they give you to get the experience.
2 :
I can't improve on what Murf said.


 Read more discussions :