Sunday, March 8, 2009

How should I list freelance jobs on my resume


How should I list freelance jobs on my resume?
I have a full-time job and two free-lance jobs as follows: 1) Job 1-- full-time job 2) Job 2-- freelancer; previously I worked in their office for 2 years (part-time then full-time) 3) Job 3- solely freelance How should I list it on my resume? Should I put consultant? How do I address Job 2 where I was both an in-office worker and a freelance worker? For Job 2, should I list my title as 2003- current (includes both freelance and in-office)? Or, TITLE 2003-2005; Freelance TITLE 2005- Present?
Careers & Employment - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Basically as you have stated it here in your question.
2 :
I don't think you have a problem, just list it as is. We are all used to using freelancers and consultants, so it is only fair that you get to list that in your resume.
3 :
I would list yourself as a consultant instead of freelancer (it sounds more professional). For Job 3, list the types of businesses you consulted for (even list their names, if appropriate) and a "Top 3" list of responsibilities. Focus on your biggest or most successful projects. For Job 2, I would first list your title as consultant and put the timeframe that you worked part-time for that company. Then list a separate title with whatever your title was for that company and put the timeframe that you worked full-time. Treat these as two separate jobs. For example, it could look like this: Consultant, Job 2 (January 2003-December 2004) - Provided strategic planning recommendations to the president of research - Traveled to more than 35 locations across the U.S. to survey franchise managers on operational procedures; developed results report and presented to board of directors Manager of Research and Development, Job 2 (January 2005-February 2006) - Put whatever you did here and so on... Hope this helps!
4 :
Personally, I would list it under experience or skills, such as in a functional resume. Check with your local One Stop (formerly Unemployment Office) and they can help you there. Good Luck!!
5 :
It is better to get our resume written by professionals as it would boost our chances of employment. Try the links in http://www.thequickinfo.com/resume/ and try for resume writing by professionals.



 Read more discussions :