Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I did not get paid for a freelance job. What should I do


I did not get paid for a freelance job. What should I do?
I did some graphic design works for a freelance job. I did not get paid. I asked to my client to pay me and then he gave me his partner's contact information-a consulting company- and I kept calling and emailing both of them, they never answer me back. I don't have a contract. But, I have hundreds of emails about the price and the work process. Is there any way I can get paid from them? He owes me $1,200.
Small Business - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Take the matter to small claims court, be sure to print out ALL the emails and bring them when you go to court. even though you don't have a traditional paper contract, the emails show that he did if fact agree to pay you, the services he ordered, the services you preformed, the amount you were to be paid, and when you were to be paid. If you can convice the judge, you will be awarded the money owed. If you are lucky, the company will offer a settlement when they hear that you are suing for your wages; to save thier reputation.
2 :
This is really sad - as you don't have anything in black and white or a written contract, you might as well as kiss your $1,200 goodbye. Next time, put a watermark on your work for review. If the client likes it, ask to be paid first so you can send them the final work minus the watermark. Always get yourself protected by a contract and ask for some % down payment as a form of security or trust. What you can do perhaps is report him to many complaint portal online like RipOff Report, Complaints.com, or Complaints Board. Good Luck



 Read more discussions :