Saturday, July 12, 2008

Can I get a job freelance writing under the age of 18


Can I get a job freelance writing under the age of 18?
I live in the northeast United States and have won several writing contests. I'd like to make some money with my talent, but I don't think I can, being a minor. Does anyone know if I can write freelance as a minor? Anybody know someplace I can, if so? My strengths could include advice columns, video game reviewing, or blogging. Also short stories.

Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your best bet would be to contact businesses that would be able to use your talents. Ask them if there are age restrictions. Find out the procedures for submitting your work. If you are capable of writing short stories or a novel, book publishers are willing to accept them. It may take many submittals to find a publisher, but it is possible.
2 :
if your writing is good enough, it will sell - age is irrelevant - "freelance" work is not a steady paying job - you might sell one story a year or one a month - YOU have to do all the legwork finding who is paying for stories and then go thru the application process



 Read more discussions :