Thursday, October 24, 2013

I have done some freelance photography jobs, but not enough for a living. How can I market myself better


I have done some freelance photography jobs, but not enough for a living. How can I market myself better?
I am graduating from UCI with an electrical engineering degree, but my passion is photography. You can see my portfolio at www.patkgallery.com. I want to make photography my career, but just don't know how to market myself.
Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try your hand at networking. Join groups of simular interest on google , yahoo and myspace. Showcase ad ad on free sites such as craig'slist Join networking sites ie: adlandpro and directmatches Hope this helps. Let me know if this works out for you To your success!
2 :
Join freelance sites and fill profile, join freelance forums and post some, join photography groups.
3 :
Have you determined what kind of photography you want to do? Portraits, commercial, landscape, wedding, fashion? For portraits you might want to check professional organizations whose members often need head shots for work. For commercial I'd try checking the small business registries for your state and looking for new companies, find their websites, and then send them an email introducing your services. With landscape you could try selling your work on eBay. Weddings are great because a lot of couples look for photographers just starting out because they're usually cheaper. As for fashion, I'd post on craiglists or myspace - they're are tons of people trying to break into the modeling industry who need comp cards and pictures for their portfolios, but can't afford a pro


 Read more discussions :