Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I Lost my Job and I want to file for unemployment, I do freelance work. Can I still get the benefits



I Lost my Job and I want to file for unemployment, I do freelance work. Can I still get the benefits?
I lost my job and I wanto to go on unemployment. I did some freelance work on the in order to have littl emore money to spend. Can I file for unemployment if I have some freelance usually pays every 2-3 months not over $1400. I need all money possible. Please send me any links that might help. I do report it I just wanted to know if I still get unemployment. if I have some freelance around 1400 every 2-3 months Yesterday I lost my Job
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If your freelance is reported on a 1099. You will need to report it as income.....or get caught at the end of the year......unemployment fraud.........
2 :
If the job you lost was a normal job (not freelancer) you would be able to apply for benefits. How long ago did you lose your job?
3 :
Alex - if you were laid off, then you can collect; if you were fired or voluntarily quit, then no collecting (this is how it is in most States, yours may be different).If you are eligible, then when the time comes to report the freelance work, you will lose the benefits. The only way to keep the benefits when you get paid is to spread the pay over several weeks to keep under the maximum allowed by Unemployment. Go to the Unemployment website for your State for more info [ in Calif it's www.edd.ca.gov



 Read more discussions :