Thursday, July 1, 2010

How do you Get Freelance Food Photography Jobs


How do you Get Freelance Food Photography Jobs?
I do work as a Crime Scene Photographer. My wife owns a restaurant. I also take all the photos of her food for Menus and Print ads. I would like to find a way to do some additional photos for other restaurants but do not want to do it for ones in my town as they are my wifeĆ¢€™s competition. I have done searches for freelance photo jobs but the results are all to web sites that require a membership fee. Any ideas?
Photography - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Don't ever sign up for the 'membership fee' things. Having said that, getting into freelance photography on food photography is terribly difficult -- start a studio, and the local restaurants will come to you. The main problem is that restaurants need food photography incredibly rarely. My best suggestion would be to read some blogs on food photography, take some hot photos, and start promoting yourself by sending out postcards with your photos on them to restaurants. Follow up with phone calls, and make sure they keep your postcards. Hopefully, when they finally need photos doing, they'll remember you, and get in touch.
2 :
Sorry, don't really have an answer, but I'm extremely curious as to what I could do to become a Crime Scene Photographer; do you get paid well/ is it a steady income? If you wouldn't mind enlightening me; you should be able to click on my name, then send me an email. Much Appreciated.
3 :
Check this out http://www.pcworkathome.net/getpaidforphotos.html



Read more discussions :