Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How hard to get a job in web and graphic design work? Should I go freelance or go work for a company



How hard to get a job in web and graphic design work? Should I go freelance or go work for a company?
I know that I have to make portfolio to show what I can do. Where do I start finding people to land a job? What program do you suggest? Should I get the entire set of cs4 and css? How does the whole web designer job work? Do I just sell the layouts to people and companies that's it or do they also keep me to update whenever they need something to type in?
Programming & Design - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, it is in the middle of demand right now, so little comatetion might be out there. If your were me, I'd freelance. I like the idea of do everything on your time and how you want it. Also, I would be willing to take the risk of doing it, the whole none-secure paycheck deal. Depends on if you like working on your time and effort or someone's elses. Also, I did a little research and found that the average freelance makes about $48,000 a year. Dunno about the other. If you want to freelance, think about the risks first.
2 :
I would suggest you develop a good portfolio so that you can show it to various companies. You may register on job portal and submit your CV and wait for the companies to hire you. Eventually, you will get calls from various companies. Freelancing is also a good idea as there are many people and companies online who wish to get their work done through freelance web designers and graphic designers.
3 :
Take a look at this freelance website: http://www.scriptlance.com/?ref=ilyesoft You can learn much from it about how freelancing is going. Just search for design projects and see what they want.Youwill find the answers of all your questions. registration and bidding is totally free. Pay $5 when you are accepted for a work. Good luck


 Read more discussions :