Monday, May 20, 2013

Freelance employee not being paid for job.


Freelance employee not being paid for job.?

I work in Film in Toronto and was asked to work on a commercial as a props maker. When I was hired, I didn't know the amount of time I had to work on it, but in the end I was only given 2 days to buy my materials, make and order the items to be in the shot. The final concept meeting the company held was 2 days before the shoot day, giving no time to know anything about approved designs. Long story short, things went sour and the company feels that the work output was not up to their standards and does not want to Pay me. I am well respected and not to tute my own horn, but everyone who I work with loves my work. The main issue with this job was there was very little time given, and important information was not given at the correct time, and with those restrictions I did everything i could to get it to work out right. The question I have is when an employer in this situation refuses to pay, is there something anywhere that says that not paying is against the law or something like that? and how should I go about solving the problem? Note: There were no previous papers submitted or signed. I was never given any papers, which I now realize I should have asked for them. I was also doing this out of good faith to help out a friend... who in the end didn't provide me with enough info.
Other - Business & Finance - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Did you sign a contract with the company? Did you offer a contract stating the work you were going to do and the cost of the work? If you did you should contact a lawyer and talk to them. If you have any sort of written documentation regarding your work you can take them to small claims court



 Read more discussions :