Saturday, April 20, 2013

how hard is it to be a journalist freelance



how hard is it to be a journalist freelance?
I've been working in a food industry for 3 years after leaving school (where I was actually the first in my classroon!!) I have just started, waitressing job at Heathrow airport, and I fet straight away that it was enough, I need to do something that I like. I am thinking about journalist freelance into politics or Arabic teacher. What would be the best way for me to do it, how long will it take? Can I do small jobs (helping me living) leading to those jobs? Hope you understood me! Thank you, Julie.
Media & Journalism - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Realistically, while people like to think they can be freelance writers, the fact the matter remains that they don't have the professional expertise needed to do it. Unless you have a university degree in Journalism, forget about it.
2 :
Start by submitting your writing on topics that you find interesting. Ignore the wet towels that discourage you. Only you can decide, so you go girl!
3 :
To earn money as a freelance writer you need to be an expert, an authority on a certain subject that makes intereresting reading. For example if you have been planting flowers for years or vegetables, and know the ins and outs of gardening you could freelance articles about that subject since you are an expert.
4 :
very hard as you would have to devote practially all of your time to it annd you would have to be an expert in that area as well otherwise its just a crazy idea for most people
5 :
If writing is your passion, why not start a blog and write for topics you love? A lot of freelance writers were discovered through the power of their blogs online, as well as sharing their love for the written words on various social networking sites. Build your writing profile from ground up and the rest will be like icing on a cupcake.



 Read more discussions :