Friday, October 12, 2012

Do you need corporate experience to become a freelance web developer or can you start from scratch



Do you need corporate experience to become a freelance web developer or can you start from scratch?
I'm trying to get an A.S. degree in web programming from a community college. I'm not sure I can get a corporate job with just an A.S. degree. Can I just become a freelance web developer from scratch? How should I start out? I know about portfolios, and I know about elance.com and websites like that.
Technology - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Without some kind of degree, it's going to be tough even to get someone to talk to you. As time goes on, you may want to build up a portfolio, and be able to show you designed websites for other customers. It's something like what an artist would go through to get hired for a job. Lot's of that kind of work is by contract, so you are not really an employee too. It just depends on what you are looking for



 Read more discussions :