Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Can I do freelance work and collect benefits until I make some money



Can I do freelance work and collect benefits until I make some money?
I lost my job but now the situation has arisen that I might be able to work freelance, but I don't want to do it on a gamble. Can I set up my business and then collect benefits until I make some money and get some clients? An employer has already contacted me about working for them on a freelance basis.
Small Business - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can collect up to the point that you accept a freelance job and start actually working. Once you start working, you are employed and are no longer eligible.
2 :
It depends on how much money you make, but you are not entitled to full benefits if you have other income.
3 :
Ask him to pay you cash under the table. Not recommended, but still an option



 Read more discussions :