Thursday, August 12, 2010

when should i email back about a job



when should i email back about a job?
I got an email about a freelance job. They want to set up a meeting this week and I sent a message back saying great, let me know the time and the place. I haven't heard back in 2 days. When should I contact them again without seeming desperate?
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
give them about a week total (5 days) from your email. Maybe 4 days.. Hiring & interviewing is usually not a company's first priority, so they get to job applicants in between normal, everyday stuff. 4-5 days allows them plenty of time yet is just right if by some weird chance they've lost your information or didn't receive your reply. ie, i had a phone interview scheduled at 11 a.m. one day. She never called but my phone service went out & I called & left msg from my cell. She called the following day & said so sorry--I got slammed & couldn't make the call anyway!? This is a HUGE employer in my city with MANY people in it's HR dept! Can't believe they operate like that, but they do!
2 :
If they said that they wanted to meet this week then i would go ahead and either call or email (since the week is about halfway over).. emails sometimes get lost or not read right away, so if you havent heard anything back then that's probably what happened


 Read more discussions :