Friday, February 8, 2008

If I have a moonlighting graphic design freelance job, do I need a business license in WA state


If I have a moonlighting graphic design freelance job, do I need a business license in WA state?
I have a regular job during the week but also have a freelance graphic design job during the evenings and weekends. Do I need a business license to do this or can I just write it off next year at tax time as additional income? Also, what can I write off as a deductible at tax time for this freelance work? I know I can write off my transportation costs and materials but is there anything else like internet, etc? Thanks!
Small Business - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you make enough money doing freelance work and taking tax deductions, you will need to report it. If you are not having big trucks delivery each day or big post office drop offs coming to your home, I am pretty sure you don't need one.. MY TEEN is a graphic designer, she started doing freelance work at age 15. She loves it, I envy you all who are computer savvy and creative too great and best of luck to you!



 Read more discussions :