Sunday, April 24, 2011

I want to quit my job and work freelance and research.


I want to quit my job and work freelance and research...?
It's time to start my own business. I have a salaried full-time job at a TV station in marketing, as a sales/research coordinator, where I've worked for 4 years. There's a high turnover rate in our department (many believe it's due to the dept. head, a combo of the boss from the movie "Office Space" and the pointy-haired boss in the Dilbert comics). I have a B.A. in Communications, and I'm a thesis away from an M.A. in Communications, with an English/Literature Minor. I have 15 years of experience in Media, working in every form--print (as a reporter/photographer), media research, presentation & graphic design, radio/disc jockey, writing for the internet, working in television--both marketing and news. I have connections in every media, and have terrific skills in making great relationships with clients. I won awards for my work. My finances are finally getting together, and I have this strong urge to go for it. Where can I market my freelance skills the best? Advice?
Marketing & Sales - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
how about try survey sites? Go here: http://moneyandteens.blogspot.com/ You will find some amazing survey sites with its great refferal program. Hope the best for you..^^
2 :
If you think you are ready than by all means establish an advertising company. That seems to be the direction you are headed. As a buisness consultant my recomendation is do what you love and love what you do which will always grow your future. God Bless!!! Remember: do not burn your bridges behind yourself, I mean be sure and leave insuring good feelings with all. Always be truthfull and respect all!
3 :
Where are you getting your MA from (which college/university)? Do they have a job help program? Networked with current customers? Competitors? People you've interviewed for your thesis? What about people already in the position you want? Good luck



 Read more discussions :