Sunday, December 20, 2009

If I work as a freelancer will I still be eligible for unemployment from previous job after my temp job ends


If I work as a freelancer will I still be eligible for unemployment from previous job after my temp job ends?
I am currently receiving unemployment from a previous job and might have the opportunity to work for 3-4 weeks in a freelance/temporary role at a new company. I realize that during my 3-4 weeks at the freelance job that my wages will count against that week's unemployment benefits. After I finish with my temp job, will I still be able to receive unemployment?

United States - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That "freelance" job makes you self-employed. You probably will no longer be eligible for unemployment. Be careful and thoroughly review the unemployment regulations for your state, or you could end up with some serious problems here.
2 :
Yes, assuming 1) Your claim has not expired 2) The freelance job ends because all of the work is complete (you are not fired for misconduct and you do not quit) 3) You have not exhaust all of the unemployment benefits.
3 :
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you still have time left on the claim



 Read more discussions :