Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Starting side job - Freelance Excel work... How much should I charge


Starting side job - Freelance Excel work... How much should I charge?
I have 2+ years highly concentrated Excel knowledge. I started learning more and more at my last job, as a call center supervisor. I wasn't able to apply the knowledge to anything anyone cared about, because it wasn't my job and they just wanted me to focus on sales. I am at a job now where I can use more of it, but recently started thinking about offering my services in the classifieds/ craigslist to help with the bills a little more. Bottom line, how much should I charge, and how? Hourly, per job, per function of the spreadsheet? I have no idea what my services would be worth in the freelance world, but know that they can definitely be used. I know my way around the following (and literally much more): SUM IF/AND/OR Vlookup and Lookup Hyperlinks Data Validation Auto Filter Formula Nesting Linking workbooks I also take forms in doc or pdf format and put them into a smarter xls version that leaves less work for the user... Thanks in advance
Software - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
To consult in Excel you need to probably know more on Using Excel as a database tool and some VBA automation. You could gain experience by training people 1 to 1 and see lots of sample spreadsheets


 Read more discussions :